Thursday 20 September 2012

Tim Holtz - Distress Inks

WOW! Why haven't I brought these before now? I treated myself to some distress inks at the weekend and have been having so much fun experimenting. I only have 4 colours:
Spun Sugar
Peeled Paint
Antique Linen
Fired Brick
 

 










I started off with a basic technique of shading the edges of my cards, then went on to creating some backgrounds using the the spritzing method.When watching create and craft I saw Jo Austin from Docrafts demonstrate the Artiste Acrylic Paint with the the Artiste inks, so I thought I would give it a try with the distress inks.
I mopped up the left over sprizted ink with a piece of kitchen towel and left it to one side, when I came back to it it had dried out to leave a beautiful coloured piece of tissue. This gave me an idea, using the woodware flower punch I punched out several flowers then peeled the layers apart. I stacked approx 8 pieces back together pierceda hole and put a brad in the centre, scrunched it up a little to create these delightful delicate flowers.

 
I now have a whole jar of flowers ready to use on my cards just from 3 sheets of kitchen towel,I better get making!


No comments:

Post a Comment